Certificates and Parchments
Certificates, in Italian and/or in English, are issued by the Ph.D. Office upon request. They can be used to certify one’s status as a Ph.D. Candidate to Italian private entities, foreign private and public entities, Italian embassies and consulates abroad.
In order to certify one’s status to the Italian public administration, a self-declaration affidavit (art. 15 of the Law 183/2011) should be used.
To obtain a certificate, Ph.D. candidates must:
- submit a filled in and signed request form to email@example.com
- wait for a notification from the Ph.D. Office to access MyUnito with personal credentials - student profile (should you need to recover them, contact UniTo Support Service) and download the invoice to pay the revenue stamps: one € 16,00 revenue stamp for the certificate request and one additional € 16,00 revenue stamp for each certificate
- pay through PagoPA
- forward the payment receipt or notification of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once this process is completed, certificate(s) (scanned copies) are sent via UniTO email.
The revenue stamp payment is not required if exemption is applicable, according to Presidential Decree n. 642/1972, annex. B art.11 and following provisions (circolare dell’Agenzia delle Entrate n. 29/E 1st June 2005).
To get the parchment, it is necessary to:
- submit the filled in and signed parchment request to email@example.com
- wait for notification from the Ph.D. Office to access MyUnito with personal credentials-student profile (should you need to recover them, contact UniTo Support Service) and download the invoice to pay € 82,00 (that includes one € 16,00 revenue stamp for the parchment request + one € 16,00 revenue stamp for the parchment, and € 50,00 for parchment costs)
- pay through PagoPA
- forward the payment receipt or the notification of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- wait to receive a notification that your parchment is ready for collection
The parchment can be collected in person, or by a delegated person, or sent through a courier. The delegate must have a written authorization, their own identity document and a copy of the applicant's document.
NB: the parchment is written in Italian only and it may be issued several months after the application submission.
Parchments of Ph.D. degrees earned up to the 20th cycle can be requested by writing to email@example.com. The Office will send the necessary IBAN information to make the necessary bank transfer.
Information on how to collect parchments of Ph.D. degrees earned before 1999 are posted on the MUR website, section Dottorati di Ricerca – Ritiro Diplomi Anni 1987-1998.